Starting a business can be a complex and challenging process, but with the right planning and execution, it can also be a very rewarding experience. Here are a few steps you need to take to start a business:
- Develop a business plan: A business plan is a document that outlines your business’s goals, strategies, and financial projections. It should include information such as your target market, competition, and marketing plan.
- Conduct market research: This will help you understand your target customers, competitors, and industry trends.
- Choose a legal structure: Decide on the legal structure of your business, such as Sole trader, Company, Partnership, Trust, Co-operative, Indigenous corporation or Joint venture.
- Register your business: Register your business with your state government and obtain any necessary licenses and permits.
- Obtain funding: Consider options for funding your business such as personal savings, small business loans, or investors.
- Set up your business operations: Establish your business’s operations, including inventory, equipment, and location.
- Launch your business: Develop a marketing plan and launch your business to the public.
- Keep records and track performance: Keep accurate records of your business’s finances, and track your performance to make adjustments as needed.
Please note that the steps and requirements vary depending on the type of business and location, It’s important to seek professional advice and conduct thorough research before starting your business.
If you’re interested in starting a business or you have just started one? There are a number of things you should consider to ensure your dream is realised.
As a start-up business, there are a range of support options through Coast to Country Solutions including templates and planning tools, as well as guidance from the related state and federal government agencies
Your first point of contact should be the range of information sources provided by both the State and Federal Governments:
Links to websites:
Queensland Government:- https://www.business.qld.gov.au/starting-business
Australian Government:- https://business.gov.au/guide/starting
Downloadable checklists and templates
- Basic Cashbook
- Business selection template
- Annual Profit Budget
- Example Business Plan
If you have already started the journey and want to target future growth through a strategic plan, we can provide support in developing a strategic framework and implementation strategy.
If you’re interested in finding out more please complete our online form.
Business Start-up Support
Are you starting a business, what support are you after?
"*" indicates required fields